Earlier last year, Ashley Winter, 37, of Hereford, England, set a new Guinness World Record after running a mile in 10 minutes, 11 seconds, while blindfolded. Perhaps you're wondering why anyone would run blindfolded. It was for a good cause. Winter suffers from Keratoconus, a vision impairing eye disease, and he was raising money for a foundation that supports medical breakthroughs in ophthalmology.
Pity those who run the race of life blindfolded! What if there was no divine plan for our life? What if every step was a gamble, and every mile a riddle? What if our entire journey was without God's guidance?
Thankfully, there is a divine plan for us! God knows and orders the arrangement for every day. He knows tomorrow as well as He knows yesterday. And He invites us to ask Him for guidance at every point. He guides us with His eye, so that our own eyes can see the way.
If you're at a juncture or facing some hard decisions today, claim the promises of Psalm 32:8 . He will guide you with His eye.
Pray for Len Hayles, Barbara Minger, Ruby Messer, Jackie Freeman, Jewel Allen, Skip Glover, our pastor and wife, and our West Oaks Academy teachers and students.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --Overseer Tim Hill will be livestreaming on September 16th at 6:30 p.m. with an update of events of the church. Along with the update will be a time or praise and worship and a timely message from Dr. Mark Rutland.
- --34% of churches in the U.S. have seen their giving decrease because of Covid. Stay faithful in your giving as the Lord directs your path.
- --The National Association of Evangelicals has announced the launch of the '2021 Bless your Pastor' campaign, looking toward Pastor Appreciation month in October.
- --Earlier this year, the Bama Group found that 29% of the Protestant pastors they surveyed had given real serious consideration to quitting th full time ministry within the last year.
BITS AND PIECES
- **One thing you can give and still keep is your word.
- **The godly are in possession of true riches.
- **A will is a dead giveaway.
- **With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
- **A boiled egg is hard to beat.
- **Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
- **Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.
- **If you take a laptop computer for a run, you could jog your memory.
- **When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.
- **When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.
- **Prayer is the outgoing of the created spirit to its Creator.
- **If you are too busy to pray, you are busier than God wants you to be.