Today is Pentecost Sunday, which is celebrated worldwide. There are some emblems of the Holy Spirit that are often mentioned in scripture. In his book, Emblems of the Holy Spirit, F.E. Marsh comments about each of the symbols of the Spirit. He sees fire as a symbol of the purification and pentration of the Spirit's operations, wind proclaims the winnowing and searching of the Spirit's power, water symbolizes the effectiveness and sufficiency of the Spirit's ministry, and the dove speaks of the beauty and gentleness of the Spirit's character. The seal indicates the security of the Spirit's grace and love and oil is typical of the Spirit's grace and illumination of His teaching.
The Holy Spirit is a person not an "it". When Jesus promises that the Spirit will come upon believers, He refers to the Spirit as "He," saying, "He will speak of Me." As believers we are to be Christ's witnesses when we saved and when we receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Peter was the greatest example of this when he received the Holy Spirit in the upper room as recorded in Acts 2:4.
TOMORROW IS MEMORIAL DAY
- Remember those who served before
- Remember those who are no more
- Remember those who serve today.
- Remember them all on Memorial Day
- How precious is the spiritual and eternal freedom gained for us by the death of one Man, Christ Jesus! If our political freedom means so much to us, how much greater is the freedom of sin bestowed by Christ that leads to eternity!
Donna Scott, Jackie Freeman, Stacey Bobbitt, Sheralyn Boynton, Gale Guthrie, Roger Laughlin, Cephas & Billie Ann Goodman, Pastor Carl Allen, & Larry Campbell. Remember also to pray for our Pastor and wife, our teachers, the West Oaks School and the Peace of Jerusalem.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --Camp Meeting begins June 6th and ends the 9th of June. It is in Wimauma, Florida, just south of Tampa. The general overseer will be speaking one night.
- --Shirley Davis and Melba Brown will be returning to their home in Apopka within the next two weeks. They have been missed greatly while helping their relatives in Tennessee. It will be great to see them in church again!
- --Jonathan Cahn" Prophetic Documentary was one of the biggest religious movies of the year and second-hightest-grossing film in America for 1 day.
- --There is a new Charisma App that was launched with Spirit-filled podcasts, Videos, and News. Many already use it as a daily encouragement to walk in the Spirit. It has gained a 4.5 rating out of 5 stars on the Apple app store.
- --The South Dakota Governor still teaches Kids' Church at a Spirit-Filled church in Watertown, South Dakota.
- -June will be here in a couple days and Father's Day comes on the 18th.
- **The church offers you something you can't get elsewhere.
- **Inflation has affected everything except the wages of sin.
- **The truth is one thing for which there are no known substitutes.
- **No one can be reasonable and angry at the same time.
- **Never argue with your doctor; he has inside information.
- **There is a difference between having character and being a character.
- **Some children are running everything around the house except errands.
- **The best way to double your money is to fold it up and put it in your pocketbook.
- **Conceit is a form of "I" strain that doctors can't cure.
- **The Bible is like a telescope; it is not to look at but to look through.
- **Those who live in a worry invite death in a hurry.
- **Love is more easily illustrated than defined.