"The Lord is very compassionate and merciful." James 5:11
When COVID-19 spread across the world and kept people apart from each other, a woman in Cornwall in the U.K. created a postcard that said, "Hello! If you are self-isolating, I can help." An entire street in Italy erupted in song as quarantined neighbors stuck their heads out from their windows and sang together. In Australia, Woolworths created special hours for elderly and disabled shoppers to restock their supplies. We also had many of our stores around here doing the same thing. A church in Alabama administered testing kits for their community. And in China, Christians handed out facemasks as they witnessed to people. All around the world, countless acts of compassion brought people together even when they couldn't literally come together.
National and global catastrophes have a way of bringing out the best in people, for our Creator is a God of compassion. Those of us who are His children have the Spirit of compassion living in us, so let's lead the way.
Who can you encourage today?
John Bunyan said "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
Remember to pray for Barbara Minger, Ruby Messer, Fred Robinson, Sherylyn and Duane Boykin, Janet Parlier, Jackie Freeman, our pastor and pastor's wife, and our West Oaks Academy.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --Last Sunday we enjoyed having the boys that are on a summer basketball team with us in church. We also had a guest saxophonist with us who has played before with Gil.
- --The senior Parliers have gone to Myrtle Beach to attend their granddaughter's graduation.
- --Father's Day is next Sunday, June 20th.
- --Some of our church family are traveling to Kentucky soon to view the ARK, a replica of Noah's Ark exactly as designed by God. It is a popular site to visit & see what went inside the Ark & how it was arranged.
WIT AND WISDOM
- **Buying what you don't need often ends in needing what you can't buy.
- **Grit ruins machinery, but makes men.
- **Soon we will not need wallets. Cell phones will be used to charge anything we buy. Come to think of it, that is already happening.
- **Americans spend $55.7 billion dollars a year on their pets.
- **Some folks are so far behind, the future is gone before they get there.
- **Don't assume that the other person has equal intelligence, they may have more.
- **Zeal without knowledge is the sister of folly.
- **Idleness is the nest in which mischief lays its eggs.
- **A nuisance is a man or woman you like better the more you see them less.