We are moving closer to Easter and today we celebrate Palm Sunday. It is the day when many were heralding Jesus as the new coming King. Folks started His route with palm leaves and branches. How fickle can people be. In a short week things would change from celebration to crucifixion and then Resurrection.
Let us today herald our Savior's coming by a season of praise and commitment to Him. We are praising Him today as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. All else pales in comparison to His victory.
While the Passion week takes us through different emotions, let us keep our minds upon the glorious resurrection and total victory Christ has won for us. From Calvary to the Tomb and then His glorious ascent from the grave. One day soon Jesus will rapture us and after God pours out His wrath on the earth during the Tribulation, Jesus will become the King over all the earth and every knee will bow and declare Him King of Kings and Lord of Lords forever and ever and ever, hallelujah!
Pray for Teresa Parlier, Len Hayles, Glenda Hampton, Cephas and Billie Ann Goodman, Peaches, Jackie Freeman,, Patty Bulcharan and Pastor and our West Oaks Academy students and teachers.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --Today the Contenders meet at the church at 4 p.m. For prayer, praise and fellowship. All are invited.
- --Glenda Hampton's brother left this world to be with the Lord. He will be greatly missed by all the family.
- --Florida Camp Meeting at Lake Wimauma Convention Center will be June 7-10. Make reservations soon. Special speakers include: Rob Bailey, Larry Stockstill & Rhonda Holland.
- --Remember to turn your filled banks in for the Children of the World (our orphans).
- --We welcome our new saxophonist, Walter Frisbee, and also so happy to have his wife, Teresa with him each Sunday.
- **A --Alleluia, how the people cheer & palm leaves rustle as the King drew near.
- --Palm Sunday shows us that cross that is the true tree of life.
- **" -- He was drawing near - already on the way down the Mt. of Olives - the disciples rejoiced and praised God with a loud noise for all the mighty works that they had seen." Luke 19:37
- -- Your King comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey. " Zechariah 9:9
- --Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6
- --Today we remember not just Jesus's entry into Jerusalem in the past, but also His entry in the future.