When the coronavirus struck China earlier this year, millions of people fled or were quarantined, as fear spread across China to the world. One group of people, however, had a different response. Christians in the city of Wuhan - the virus' epicenter - went into the streets distributing face masks, passing out Gospel brochures, & sharing the message of Jesus.
One pastor said, "It is readily apparent that we are facing a test of our faith. The situation is so critical, yet we are trusting in the Lord's promises, that His thoughts toward us are of peace, & not evil, & that He allows for a time of testing, not to destroy us, but establish us."
Christians find joy through serving & helping others. Even in trying times, we can encourage & assist others - especially those who are sick or alone. If you can't leave your home, you can still reach out with a card, an e-mail,or a phone call, and through prayer. It is our joy as followers of Jesus Christ to minister to others in His name. He brought joy to the world!
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." John Bunyan
Remember to pray for Barbara Minger, Ruby Messer, Fred Robinson, Sherylyn and Duane Boykin, Tom Sr. and Janet Parlier, Jackie Freeman, our pastor and pastor's wife, and our West Oaks Academy.
NEXT SUNDAY IS THE 4TH OF JULY
--239 years and 1 day ago this great nation, the United States of America, in a struggle for what was right and free, was proudly born when the final draft of the Declaration of Independence was signed. Let's celebrate that precious freedom for which our forbears fought so bravely.
Spiritually every day is a celebration of our freedom in Christ and our deliverance from bondage. On this 4th day of July, let us realize that this is also the very first day of the rest of our lives.
God says, "redeem the time for the days are evil." Let us spend every day praising Him for life and life Eternal. No longer does Satan and sin have us in captivity but we are set free by the blood of the Lamb and the power of the Holy Spirit. Enjoy that freedom today here at West Oaks as we worship the Master.
WIT AND WISDOM
- **Freedom ends when it begins to deprive another of his freedom.
- **Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.
- **Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
- **True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.
- **Let's not fight for more liberty until we learn to handle what we've got.
- **Freedom is never given, it is won.
- **God will move mountains if you bring the shovel.
- **Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death.
- **What isn't worth saying will be made into a popular song.
- **Those who fear the future are likely to fumble the present.
- **The rising generation is too fond of sitting.
- **Never argue with your doctor; he has inside information.
- **The trouble with some people is that they say what others only think.