Jesus Christ entered into time so that we might enter into eternity. As God, Jesus is infinite, timeless, eternal, and from everlasting to everlasting. But when He descended into our world through the virgin birth, He subjected Himself to the limitations of time. He often spoke in John's Gospel of "His hour."
He passed most of His years in the small town of Nazareth, then devoted about three years to ministry. The six hours He spent on the cross is a period of torturous death we can't even imagine, despite all the pictures we have seen and sermons we have heard. Then He spent three days in the grave, followed by forty days on earth following His resurrection.
Because Christ came to earth for a specific time, we can be with Him in heaven for ages unlimited. What an incredible thought! Treasure every moment as you prepare for your eternal home with Him one day. John 7:30 Therefore they sought to take Him: but no one laid a hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come.
Pray for Len Hayles, Barbara Minger, Ruby Messer, Jackie Freeman, Jewel Allen, Skip Glover, our pastor and wife, and our West Oaks Academy teachers and students.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --Our two guitarists, Scott and Tony, are not only friends but also neighbors. They must have had the same teacher as they both play so well.
- --Autumn (fall) began this week on the 22nd of September.
- --October 17th is Pastor and Wife Appreciation Day. Envelopes will be given October 10th in the bulletin for your love offering.
- --Lee University has been ranked once again in the upper tier of Southern Universsities in the 2022 U.S. News and World Reports' Best colleges.
BITS OF WIT AND HUMOR
- **Lessons that are bitter to learn are usually sweet to know.
- **Love doesn't make the world to 'round, it makes the ride worthwhile.
- **A budget is a formula for determining that you need a raise.
- **Without faith we couldn't even eat stew.
- **Suffering from truth decay? Brush up on your Bible.
- **Exercise daily by walking with the Lord.
- **Never give the devil a ride...he will always want to drive.
- **He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.
- **A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
- **You cannot alter your past but you can leave your past at the altar.
- **Either the Bible will keep you away from sin, or sin will keep you away from the Bible.
- **Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble but it is a "steering wheel" that directs us in the right path throughout life.