WE NEED GOD'S GUIDANCE
On July 16, 1999, the small plane piloted by John F. Kennedy Jr. crashed into the Atlantic Ocean and more recently Koby Bryant was killed in a small plane crash. Investigators determined the cause of the accidents to be "spatial disorientation" which occurs during poor visibility when pilots become disoriented and fail to rely on their instruments to help them successfully reach their destination.
As we navigate life, our lives often make us feel disoriented: a cancer diagnosis, the death of a loved one, a job loss, a betrayal-life's unexpected tragedies can make us feel lost and confused. When this happens, God's faithful guidance through His Spirit & loving presence can comfort you and light your way. Try offering the prayer of Psalm 43. In this psalm, David is feeling lost because he is surrounded by evil. He pleads with God to provide His guidance to help him navigate through the situation to his destination.
Remember to pray for Barbara Minger, Ruby Messer, Fred Robinson, Sherylyn and Duane Boykin, Tom Sr., Jackie Freeman, our pastor and pastor's wife, and our West Oaks Academy.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --Congratulations to our amazing guitarist, Scott Lucas, & Pam who were married this past week.
- --So glad to have Donna Ward's grandchildren and great grandchildren with us in church last Sunday.
- --July is the warmest month in the Northern Hemisphere.
- --July was named after the famous Roman General Julius Caesar: when he died, they renamed the month "Quintil" after him.
- --July means that half of the year is over, so it is a great time to start working on the resolutions you forgot about in January.
- --That Melba brings us all donuts every week and makes our coffee (and cleans up).
- --Thank you Melba and thank you Cathy for filling in while Melba was on vacation.
- --Lauren Daigle, Mandisa, Jasmine Murray, Frances Battestelli are currently the top women Christian singers.
WIT AND WISDOM
- --A boy was 15 years old in 1990, and in 1995 he turned 10: how was this possible? The boy lived before Christ. Therefore, in 1995 B.C. he was 10 years old, and in 1990 he turned 15.
- --What kind of lights did Noah use on the Ark? Flood lights.
- --Who was the only person in the Bible without a father? Joshua....who was the son of Nun.
- --Where is the first mention of a tennis match in the Bible? When Joseph served in Pharoah's court.
- --How do we know the finances of Peter? By his net income.
- --Why didn't they play cards in the Ark? Because Noah was standing on the deck.
- -Who was the greatest comedian in the Bible? Samson...he brought the house down.
- --How long did it take Cain to forgive his brother? Until he was "Abel" to.
- --Who was the shortest man in the Bible? Bildad, the "Shuhite."