All over America, people are adding portable generators to the emergency items stashed away in their basements or closets because power interruptions can occur at any time. In life, we often need extra strength. As Nehemiah led the effort to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, his enemies taunted and threatened him. Local authorities tried to frighten the wall buuilders and make them afraid. Nehemiah kept working, and as he worked, he uttered a prayer: "Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands."
The relationship we have with God and our ability to pray to Him at any time or place is like an emergency generator that provides us with power in our inner being. We can stay strong in the Lord even when our physical strength is reduced. Even when our burdens increase, His strength isn't diminished, and it's always available for His children. From the Lord we have the strength needed to face each day.
They all were trying to make us afraid, saying, "their hands will be weakened in the work, and it will not be done." Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands.
REMEMBER TO KEEP FILLING THE ORPHAN BANKS.
Pray for Teresa Parlier, Len Hayles, Brian Woodpasture, Cephas and Billie Ann Goodman, Marcia McMurray, Peaches, Jackie Freeman, Patty Bulcharan, Pastor and Teresa, our West Oaks Academy students and teachers.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --MAY 21ST.....HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
- --MAY 24TH - 26TH....K-5- THRU 8TH GRADE GRADUATION
- --MAY 30TH....MEMORIAL DAY
- --FLORIDA STATE CAMP MEETING ...JUNE 7-10
- --CHURCH OF GOD GENERAL ASSEMBLY...San Antonio, Texas on July 25-29.
- --The Church of God Missions has been helping with their orphanages in the Ukraine. They helped move them to a safer place during all that is going on there.
- --Last Sunday was Baccalaureate Day for the seniors at West Oaks Academy and we watched as the seniors marched in and had a church service to enjoy. We will miss so many of the students, including Grace, who plays the bongo drums each week. He will be going to Daytona College & will visit us once in a while.
- 1. What day did God make Adam and Eve.
- 2. What name did Sarah give her son who was born in her old age?
- 3. What was the name of Abraham's nephew?
- 4. What was the name of Moses's brother and sister?
- 5. Who owned a donkey that spoke back when he hit him with his staff?
- 6. What prophet challenged Jezebel and her 450 Baal prophets to a test on Mt. Carmel?
- 7. Who built the first temple in Jerusalem and was also known as the wisest man that ever lived?
- 8. Who was the man after Saul that became King?
- 9. Who was the father of John the Baptist? Who was his mother?
- 10. Who became the 12th disciple after Judas hung himself?
1-6th Day 2-Isaac 3-Lot 4-Aaron & Miriam 5-Balaam
- 6-Elijah 7-Solomon 8-David 9-Zacharias & Elizabeth 10-Matthias