There will be a period of history recorded in the Bible, known as the "last days" of earth; these days will be perilous, a word that means dangerous and savage; the most dangerous thing about them will be a pandemic of self-love. When people love themselves the driving forces for everything become ego, self-admiration, personal ambition, and a disregard for anyone.
Without the grace and mercy of our Lord Jesus, we are all selfish people, more concerned about ourselves than about anyone else. It's Jesus alone who teaches us to love others, to care for someone besides ourselves, and to humbly obey God's Word: "Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too" (Philippians 2:3-4, NLT).
The evils of the Last Days are no match for those who carefully follow the traits of the Christian. We must know our doctrine and let it determine our manner of life. The true doctrine of the Bible establishes our purpose in living, grounds our faith, and gives us longsuffering - the ability to deal with people patiently. Out of all this comes a growing and genuine love and a perseverance that will see us through the persecutions and afflictions of the Last Days.
What an opportunity! The evil of the Last Days allows us to offer the contrast of
the Christ-life for all the world to see.
2 Timothy 3:1-2 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come; For men will be lovers of themselves.
Linnette Gayle and her daughter in England. Jackie Freeman, Donna Scott, Babara Minger, Len Hayles, Cephas & Billie Ann Goodman, Rev. Gene Rice, Robert Boatwright. Remember also to pray for our Pastor and wife, our teachers, the West Oaks School and the Peace of Jerusalem.
DID YOU KNOW?
- **Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.
- **What did they tell the cannibal who came to dinner late? Everybody's eaten.
- **My car's so old it has orthopedic brake shoes.
- **My wife and I had words, but I didn't get to use mine.
- **The drinking man commits suicide on the installment plan.
- **The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.
- **JESUS is the password to a better life.
- **God gives and forgives! People get and forget.
- **History proves that war is better at aboliishing nations than nations are at abolishing war.
- **Preachers find more sleeping sicknesss than does the physician.
- **There are some days when I don't know whether life is passing me by or trying to run me over.
WE NEED 2 VOLUNTEERS SUNDAY MORNINGS. One person to pick up donuts and another person to make the coffee here at church. If you can help, please talk to Teresa.
BITS AND PIECES