Earlier this year, David Wilson, the Police Chief of Foley, Alabama, retired after 37 years on the job, and his letter to the community was remarkable. He thanked his family who had sacrificed that he might serve, and he thanked the community. Then he ended his letter with a thanksgiving to Jesus Christ. "He is my life," said Wilson. "I'm so very thankful for the hedge of protection He has kept around me in the 37 years as a cop with the many close calls I've had ... I'm so thankful that He answered my prayer - my daily prayer to keep the officers I've worked with my whole career safe from death in the line of duty. Thank you for keeping my employees safe from COVID also. Most of all thank you, Lord for redeeming this sinner."
Thank God for a police officer who prayed for the safety of his fellow officers every day, and for a God who answered that prayer evey day for upward to four decades.
Prayer is powerful & God answers our prayers.
Psalm 12:5 says "I will set him in the safety for which he yearns."
Pray for Len Hayles, Barbara Minger, Ruby Messer, Jackie Freeman, Cephas and Billie Ann Goodman, Skip Glover, our pastor and wife, and our West Oaks Academy teachers and students.
Also pray for the peace of Israel as the Bible tells us to do.
DID YOU KNOW?
- NEXT SUNDAY IS PASTOR AND WIFE APPRECIATION DAY ENVELOPES ARE IN THE BULLETIN OR EXTRA CAN BE OBTAINED FROM BROTHER JOHN, OUR HEAD USHER.
- --Thursday evening the 'Contenders' got rained out. Just as Shirley and Melba drove to the church, a bad thunderstorm started and rained heavily for at least an hour. Watch the bulletin for the next meeting.
- --It was so nice to have Linnette's daughter, Cheryl, visit and come to church with her. Cheryl and Charmaine both live in New York and work there. Her other daughter, Melonie, lives in England.
- --Lee University's homecoming is November 5th and 6th.
- --Want a good book to read? "Mysteries of the Messiah" by Rabbi Sobel.This book has just been printed.
- --Pat Robertson retired this week from 700 Club. Gordon Robertson will take charge.
BITS OF WIT AND HUMOR
- **God still speaks to those who take the time to listen.
- **Bees accomplish nothing except as they work together, and neither do men.
- **There are some questions that can't be answered by Google.
- **Forgive your enemies -- it messes with their heads.
- **A pastor announced to his church, "I have good news and bad news. The good news is we have enough money to pay for our new building program. The bad news is, it's still out there in your pockets."
- **A secret is the only thing that circulates more rapidly than money.
- **Up to the age of 16 a boy may be a Boy Scout, but from that time on he's a Girl Scout.
- **Stand still and watch the world go by....and it will.
- **You must arrange in advance for pleasant memories.