Everyone has a different idea of happiness. The inspirational speaker and writer, Dale Carnegie, once wrote "Success is getting what you want, Happiness is wanting what you get." The Bible teaches that happiness comes from being happy with who God is.
Deuteronomy 33:29 says, "Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, the shield of your help."
Psalms 14:4-15 says, "Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help."
Proverbs 16:20 says, "Whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he."
Whose definition of happiness are you going to follow - Dale's or God's? God has made us with great gifts. He has cleansed us with the blood of Christ, and He wants to use us. He doesn't want us being unhappy with ourselves, but all true happiness comes - not from ourselves - but from Him.
Those who look to Him are radiant.
Remember to pray for Barbara Minger, Ruby Messer, Fred Robinson, Sherylyn and Duane Boykin, Jackie Freeman, our pastor and pastor's wife, and our West Oaks Academy.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --If you would like to enjoy some West Oak's fellowship, meet us at the Catfish House in Apopka for lunch at noon this coming Wednesday. The restaurant is just off off 441 near the bridge. Many have eaten there with the seniors in the past and liked the food.
- --There are an estimated 140 million orphans in the world. Our Church of God Missions Department has over 40 orphanages that they support. God is moving mightily in the lives of orphaned, abused, neglected, trafficked, and abandoned children that live in Church of God orphanages. Your donation thru our mission banks plays an important role in changing the lives of these children forever. If you don't have a bank, there are plenty of them in the foyer to take and fill. When you fill them, give them to Teresa and she will send it to the Missions department.
WIT AND WISDOM
- **Weather forecast: God Reigns, Son Shines
- **Take an interest in the future. That's where you'll spend the rest of your life.
- **The trouble with stretching the truth is that it's apt to snap back.
- **Some people think a thirty-minute sermon is too long, so they substitute a three hundred column Sunday paper.
- **Your money goes further these days. In fact, a lot of it winds up in outer space.
- **A real test of will power is to have the same ailment some person is describing - and not mention it.
- **It's what we learn after we know it all that really counts.
- **When you kill time, just remember it has no resurrection.
- **Fame is chiefly a matter of dying at the right time.
- **The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm.
- **The Star Spangled Banner is the only piece of music the public will stand for all the time.