Some years ago after an outdoor church picnic, Ruth Graham's pastor's wife discovered the diamond from her engagement ring was missing. It had fallen out. Where? When? It was anybody's guess. The church people paused to pray and ask for God to help them locate the small diamond but later they said they did not have much faith that they would ever find it. Everyone stopped what they were doing and began to look. They went through the grass, the garbage, the sink, cooking pots -- everything -- with a fine-tooth comb. They did it all again the next day. To no avail. The small diamond was gone. They carried on with the week. It rained. The grass was mowed. But they kept an eye out - just in case. A week later the pastor's daughter was playing and spied something sparkling in the grass. She thought it was a rhinestone from her baby doll's outfit, but she looked a bit closer, picked it up from the grass and dirt. It didn't look like anything from her baby doll. She brought it inside to ask what her mom thought. Her mom exclaimed it was the lost diamond!
God works in mysterious ways and if it is His will, He will perform a miracle in our everyday lives. Trust in His infinite wisdom.
Pray for Teresa Parlier, Linnette Gayle, Rebecca Williams, Len Hayles, Cephas and Billie Ann Goodman, Rev. Gene Rice, Jackie Freeman, Patty Bucharan, Remember also to pray for our Pastor and the West Oaks School.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --Teresa Parlier, our beloved pastor's wife, is continuing to recover.
- --Three of our foreign students were in service last week: Paul from France, DJ from the Congo, and Ibra from Mali. Welcome to all our students and so glad to have them in service.
- --Tony Pennella, our guitarist who plays along with Scott, has a wonderful testimony of his salvation.
- --So glad to have Walter and Teresa Frisbee with us each Sunday and we all enjoy his saxophone playing so much.
- --Henry Messer's sister, Lois, passed to her reward on Friday. She was instrumental in getting many newborns into Christian homes around the U.S. She will certainly have received a lot of crowns now that she is in Heaven
QUIPS AND QUOTES
- **We live in an age of guided missiles and misguided men.
- **One thing you can give and still keep is your word.
- **Three things in life that once gone, never come back. Time, Words, Opportunity.
- **Only one man in a million understands the political situation, isn't it odd how you keep running into him?
- **The secret to happiness is not in doing but in giving.
- **The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
- **What do you call 10 rabbits walking backwards? A receding hare line.
- **The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.
- **After man came woman - and she has been after him ever since.
- **Television is nothing more than radio with eyestrain.
- **Nothing is politically right when it is morally wrong.
- **Government costs too much because there's too much government