The Andean condor is the world's largest soaring bird. With a wingspan of more than ten feet, condors can soar for up to five hours, covering one hundred miles, without flapping their wings once! In one study, a group of condors spent just one percent of their time aloft flapping their wings.
The prophet Isaiah had never seen an Andean condor, but he had certainly seen eagles and other soaring birds in the Middle East. It is no wonder that he used the image of a soaring eagle to represent the one who waits on the Lord. Once aloft, it is the power of the wind that keeps the eagle soaring, not the power of the eagle itself.
In the Christian life, it is the wind of the Spirit of God that gives us power to run and not be weary, to walk and not grow faint. Spending time with God daily is a time to renew your strength as you wait upon Him in prayer and Bible study.
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
Pray for Len Hayles, Barbara Minger, Ruby Messer, Henry Messer's nephew's wife, Brian Woodpasture, Jackie Freeman, Cephas and Billie Ann Goodman, our pastor and pastor's wife, and our West Oaks Academy teachers and students.
DID YOU KNOW?
- --We are having another fellowship lunch at the Southern Deli in Apopka this coming
Thursday at noon, November 18th.
- The address is: 2171 Semoran (E. US 436)
- and it is in the Wekiva Riverwalk Mall next to Marshall's.
- Come and join us if you can.
- --Shirley is meeting with the Contenders on the evening of December 9th here at the church. Everyone is invited to attend for an evening of prayer and fellowship.
- --West Oaks Football team played their last game on Friday. Congratulations men on a competitive season.
- --West Oaks women and men's basketball starts soon!
WIT AND WISDOM
- **One way to get an education is to drive a school bus.
- **Fast, reckless driving often leads to slow, soft music.
- **Without faith we couldn't even eat stew.
- **Any government big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take everything you've got.
- **The wheels of progress are not turned by cranks.
- **Whenever you are robbed by worry it is always an inside job.
- **Life makes some people better and others bitter.
- **It's pretty hard, if not imposlsible, to convince the kids that the teacher shortage is a calamity.
- **If you didn't start out the day with a smile, it's not too late to start practicing for tomorrow.
- **There is no reaching Heaven except by treading the only path that leads there.
- **We live in an age of guided missiles and misguided men.